Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Goin' Courtin'

I am officially on the prowl, for friends, and I feel completely out of my league. I am not an outgoing person by any stretch of the word. I do, however, enjoy the company of women. So imagine my delight when I flipped open the parenting magazine this month and received a dose of inspiration from an article about making friends.

I love my girls. I love my husband. I hate not having friends. I feel like my social life was cut off at the neck when I had children. While I enjoy and even crave play dates I also would enjoy a few hours away without the kids interrupting every five minutes.

So I am officially on the hunt for friends. If I had a more entrepreneurial spirit I would start a website devoted to finding your perfect mommy friend. Really. I could call it Friendship.com or Mommyfriends. Have mom's fill out profiles and search other mom's profiles to find the perfect match. They could set up dates on the internet and get together. If they didn't hit it off, that's alright, check another profile.

Alas I must resort to the old-fashioned beg and borrow method. Beg friends I already have to make time in their schedule for a frumpy housewife who is looking for a bit of selfish time. Borrow friends of friends. If they are friends with my friend it's quite possible we'll get on nicely.

My goal this week is to get a mommy date set up with a few ladies and have a good time making another connection!

No comments:

Post a Comment