Thursday, February 7, 2013

Disney Freak

I love Disneyland. I love walking down Main Street and seeing the castle sitting in all it's glory. I love the surreal feeling of being in Toon Town and hardly being able to tell where the background ends and the sky begins. I love the sounds, smells and feeling of just being there. 

I've been obsessed with getting back, and getting back I will. But, I'll do it as a better me. I've been trying to lose weight for some time and recently I made a commitment to really change my life. I love hitting the gym. I find that the high I get from a good 45 minute workout is hard to beat. But, I also love to eat. 

And, really it's not that I just like food. I just never have a plan so I rely on the easy foods, which if it were raw fruits and veggies would be great. I resort to fast food and candy bars, and Dr. Pepper, one of my great loves. 

When I decided that I would be skinny the next time we hit Disneyland, I had to make a choice. What do I love more, Dr. Pepper or Disneyland? It's Disneyland for sure. So, one of my goals is to cut to the soda. Eliminate the evil caloric wielding nector of the gods. I'm replacing it with water. I even bought a fun water bottle (decorated with Minnie Mouse, of course) to assist me.

My other goal is to actually eat meals. I'm a grazer. Really I could just nosh all day. But, it's not responsible because I don't keep track of what I'm eating or how much. So, no more mindless noshing for me. If I want to enjoy myself on vacation, I need to discipline myself so a little slacking on vacation won't become a habit. 

And my mother of all goals: I want to run a 5k. If you've ever seen me run, it's not pretty. Really, I look like a complete fool. But, run a 5k I must. And, I'm going to do it at Disneyland. My goal is to make the 2014 5k a few weeks/months after our family-fun trip to Disneyland. 

So there you have it. The basic outline of my year. As a mom of two, it's a chore to get my work, workout, and playtime in. But, with Disney as the goal I'm feeling extra motivated!

Do you have any motivational stories you want to share! I'd love to hear about your experiences with weight loss or Disney goals! 

No comments:

Post a Comment