Saturday, December 28, 2013

Challenge Accepted

I am super excited about this next year. I feel like this year has been a rollercoaster. From an unexpected death in the family to job loss, moving, bed bugs (I still squirm thinking about it…), an allergic reaction to a mediation that landed me in the emergency room, a car accident and just every day drama, i
t’s been chaotic.  I’ve also started getting my writing out there. I have more people reading my writing than ever before. It’s scary and exciting.

I feel like something inside my brain finally snapped into place and I cannot even express how much I am looking forward to challenging myself this next year. I am choosing to LIVE and to be happy. Now, I need a little bit of help. I have already come up with a list of things I want to do this year. Things that will push me, things that will force be to take a step back and just enjoy being and things that will help me open up to next experiences. I want more!

In order to get into the grove of this life-changing, quest for fulfilling my inner-rebel/realizing 30 isn’t old year I need ideas! Every week I’ll approach a new challenge and blog about it, maybe with photos! I want you to see that if I can survive the things that scare me—you can too!

So here is what I have so far (some of these are long-term goals and I’ll write about them as I mark them off my list).

Explore somewhere in Utah I have never been

 I only have 25 goals and I need at least 52 so shoot me an email (angelajean04@gmail.com) or comment below and send me your ideas. I’ll post this list on the sidebar so you can keep up!

As a side note, I’m conservative and although I’m looking to go outside my comfort zone, I will not be doing anything illegal or immoral. Also… I’ll cop to being a major wuss with heights so no jumping or being catapulted from disturbingly high locations!

1 comment:

  1. I have an idea for the "explore somewhere you've never been"
    Have you ever gone Geocaching?
    It's something I love doing with my own mother and brother and sister. My husband isn't too into it, but my daughter likes the little "treasures" she can find in some of the bigger caches.
    When my brother flew in for a visit last year, it was snowing, but he was determined to find and log a cache (you get a name and account and log your finds) for Wisconsin. We trekked through snow on a trail near my house that I've never even been on. We laughed the whole time, even though we were freezing at the end.
    I've taken my cousins when I visit Tennessee and they think it's so much fun. They always ask now if we can go "treasure hunting"
    I've found caches in statues, trees, magnetized to park benches, under a dock in San Francisco, at the top of a beautiful overlook in my town, and many more.
    It's a great family activity. The only downside is you need some sort of GPS device. The upside to that, is there have been many apps released so you can just use a smartphone.
    I suggest signing up for an account at geocaching.com and typing in your home address. You can see how many caches people have left near you. Some have puzzles to work out coordinates, but most you just get the coordinates and go searching. They're in film cases, altoid tins, lunchboxes, and then creative stuff. I found one in a park in Washington that was one of those solar lights stuck in the ground to "hide" it.

    ReplyDelete