Thursday, July 8, 2010

Hodge Podge

Today has been a good day. I feel like I have actually accomplished a few things. I made a list and pretty much finished it, I still have several hours left in the day so my odds of completing my tasks are pretty good.

One thing I did was organize a beauty binder. I get Self magazine and a few others. I like many of the articles so I have kept the magazines stacked around. I decided to tear out articles and such from ideas from cooking to working out to beauty and skin care. I'm looking forward to adding more articles and tips.

The topic I really want to work on is getting my insides to quiet down. I feel so stressed and anxious and angry all the time. I hate it. I need to figure out a way to step out and calm down so I stop losing my temper with the girls all the time. I know scripture study and prayer will help a lot if I could just get my rear in gear. I am interested in learning about some other types of meditation as well if any one knows any that would be interesting to study let me know. Maybe it's just me but I swear there are days that I hate being a stay-at-home mom. Does that make me a terrible person? To be fair most days of the week I have an extra child I care for and he's a handfull. I hate admiting it out loud because I feel like people will think I am horrible. But, I love my kids and I love seeing things that I know I would miss if I wasn't home. I guess, I don't always feel fulfilled as a mom and I am hoping this project will help me explore activites I can do that will help.

Many people don't know I have taken about 6 years of Spanish. 1 in jr high 2 in highschool and four college courses. I still can't speak it. I can read some and remember a fair amount. I gave up though because the grammar was so stinking hard. I don't want that learning to go to waste so I have decided to work on flash cards. I will start with one tense and a few vocab words a week. I remember a decent amount so studying on my own for a while should suffice. I am really excited about doing this and hopefully my espanol will be muy bueno soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment